* See our lovely new bedrooms on the B&B page *
Latest news May 2015 - We were delighted to be awarded a Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence again and be in their new "Hall of Fame" for winning it 5 years in a row!
The Recruiting Sergeant is an award winning Pub and Restaurant with Rooms situated in the village of Horstead, near Coltishall, in Norfolk. Matthew and Nicola Colchester and their dedicated team have developed an enviable reputation in the area and the pub is well known for its food quality, friendliness and attention to detail.
- Pub bar open all day from 11am (noon on Sunday)
- Monday to Saturday - food served lunchtime and evenings
- Sunday - food served all day
- Real ales, cocktails and large choice of wines by the glass
- Garden and covered heated outdoor patio area
- Booking essential. We look forward to welcoming you!
Bed & Breakfast - To view our lovely new bedrooms see B&B page. Breakfast available to non-residents too, please book in advance.
Exciting News - The Colchester Inns management team are now running the historic Buckinghamshire Arms in Blickling!
Interested in working with us ????? Please see the Information page.
2014 Winner, Aylsham Show President's Prize for "Individual Food & Drink Hero".
2011-2015 Awarded a Certificate of Excellence by Tripadvisor.
2010 Finalist, Norfolk Food Awards, in the category "Norfolk's Best Dish".
2009 Winner, Norfolk Local Food Heroes Award, "Best Use of Regional Food".
Have you visited our new shop? Just across the road - Farm to Fork and Fish.